Monday, September 26, 2011

Urbey: The dog that found us!

     Here's Urbey. He showed up last Friday, while Elijah and I were cleaning up our new house. I walked out of the front door to pack up our car when I noticed the dog running off of the porch. I went around to look for him and he was on the side porch. I coaxed him down with some ham and cheese (I had it here to make sandwiches) and he warmed up a little bit. I had to go home, so I left the dog with a blanket, water, and some bread (the remainder of my lunch) and hoped he'd stay.
     The next day, Andy and I came back to house to meet the owner for a walk through of the property and the dog was still at the farm. We brought him some food and soup bones just in case he was still around. He's skin and bones and has a collar with no tags and he doesn't seem to want to leave. We didn't come to the farm on Sunday, so I was a little anxious that he wouldn't be around on Monday... Well, he's still here!!! So, we named him Urbey. He's the farm's german shepherd. Let's hope he gets along with the rest of the pack when they show up, November 1st. :)

1 comment:

  1. I'm soooo glad you're blogging and that I found your blog - this is great! It's so exciting that the three of you have your own farm. I can't wait to see all the wonderful things you do there :)

    ReplyDelete