Friday, July 29, 2011

To Blog...

To blog... To bake a cake... To burn a cake. I don't really know much about blogging. I just know that I always have a lot on my mind and some of it seems pretty interesting. At least to me. I've read that blogging is just one of those things that you have to be consistent about. Hmmm. I'm going to try.
Consistency is... oh wait, there is a cake in the oven.
Okay. Seriously though, I almost burned the cake in the oven, because I wanted to try to post a blog, while the baby sleeps...
I don't know how to post pictures... How do you make a beautiful, interesting blog like: 'A Holy Experience,' or 'The Homespun Heart?' Make it warm, inviting? Practice, I suppose. I had a blog a few years ago, but we lost touch. I've been almost afraid to write after being reprimanded about sharing one of my experiences when I lived across the country. I know it's a gift. I want to remember.
Andy and I are taking a trip tomorrow. For the month of August. We are going to visit family, friends and farms in four states. Different regions of America. Sometimes, I forget that everyone doesn't live on a farm or have cows and chickens in their backyard or grow their own food or raise honeybees or live in 300 square feet on 186 acres with their family. I am blessed.
Our flight leaves Charleston tomorrow morning. Last night, I saw the Milky Way. I'm not afraid to fly. I'm more apprehensive to drink city water than to fly. This farm is doing something to me. A city girl gone country. More in touch with nature than ever before. I've never been so thankful for my daily bread in my life.
There. That's a blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment